What We Can Do for You
Get YA Words Out is committed to helping Queer YA writers create high quality stories, build a career, and access fair pay conditions. We do a lot of our work without being paid and rely on grants (which are hard to get) for larger projects. Now, Get YA Words Out wants to level up and bring you all the really cool things we’ve been working on. You can be a part of this! There are several ways you can support Get YA Words Out to achieve our goal. We thank you in advance. This is only possible because of awesome people like you being a part of this community. We love you!
- Join our Patreon. Patreon is like Netflix for artists and creators, kinda. By subscribing for as little as $1 a month, you will be helping Get YA Words Out to pay their content creators, but also to fund workshops, mentoring programs and publication opportunities. As part of this community, you also get first dibs on all our new stuff and a say in what content we create.
- Follow us on social media. This is where we do all our best procrastinating! Come say hi. We’ll say hi back.
- Attend Events. Get YA Words Out is in the process of setting up a workshop and mentoring program. These will be both digital and live, to be as inclusive as possible. A lot of them will be free! And we’ll probably go for pizza after (digital pizza?). Our first writers workshop is planned for this October in Melbourne. Interested? You can express your interest and help shape these events by getting in touch here or via our Patreon.
- Hire us. We are now offering the following services:
- Freelance writing/Guest blogging on a range of topics related to Queer YA and the framework of the Queer/literary context.
- Sensitivity reading for LGBTQIA+ themes across YA ficiton and non-fiction.
- Substantive editing of Queer YA manuscripts during any stage of drafting. This involves offering notes on strengths, helping to improve weaknesses and helping to craft a better manuscript. This includes proof-reading.
- Proof-reading of final drafts of Queer YA manuscripts for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Workshop/Public Speaking. Need help with an event? Want to create a safe-space for Queer writers or readers? Do you work with a youth group who might like inspiration or career advice? Any other combination of Queer + Books? Let’s talk!
To find out more, or to get a quote, email us here. Subscribers to our Patreon receive discounted rates on freelance jobs, FREE entry to most workshops and priority for mentoring programs (plus heaps more cool stuff, but check the Patreon page for more details).